Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Songs for our President

I wonder if every president has had as many songs disregarding their administration.
I honestly don’t remember if Clinton had a lot of song directed towards him. Surely there had to be some about his indiscretions in the Oval Office, but I definitely don’t remember any about how he ran the country.
Just off the top of my head I can think of four songs, which I like, and are written about our shitty president. (These are in no particular order)
1. Bright Eyes – When the President Talks to God
2. Pink – Mr. President
3. Dixie Chicks – Not Ready to Make Nice (which is more about how they dissed the president and the backlash they received afterwards)
4. NOFX – Idiot Son of an AssholeIt wouldn’t surprise me if there were more.
And I wonder if there are any good positive songs written about Mr. Bush?It also would not surprise me, if there are any positive songs, if they are by a country artist.

No comments: