Friday, August 1, 2008

And on the 5th day God created rain

Ok so he didn't, but the alien vortex that was strategically located above my quiet and quaint little suburb must have moved because we actually got some rain.
Now finally I can take off brain protector and stop the strange looks I've been getting for the last 2 months.
And it was a good rain, it woke me up at about 4 a.m. with lightning flashing and thunder rolling.
I love that, I love it becuase it scares me and I have to reach over and grab my hubby, to make sure he is still there, and then snuggle in with him. Its probably one of the best feelings in the world.
I love waking up to a thunderstorm unless I actually have to get up. Thunderstorms and rain are like the best things to sleep into...oh man its getting me in the mood for fall and winter, with chilly mornings and overcast sky, the kind of days when coffee tastes the best.
Man I wish summer didn't last so damn long in this dang blasted state.

No comments: