Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh the weather

Besides watching true crime TV shows, sucking Mt. Dew through Twizzlers and eating popcorn with cold milk, I love to talk about the weather, read about the weather or watch the weather on TV.
Most people bring up the weather when they are in a conversation with someone and they don’t have anything else to talk about.
“So how’s the weather up there?”
“Oh it’s colder than a witches tit and wetter en your momma was on prom night.”
Now that’s all fine and dandy, but I actually ask about the weather and truly want to know what is going on. If it’s been windy, rainy, cold, snow all of it I want to hear it. Tell me about the next cold front coming in, or how many days until the jet stream will move to the north, tell me, talk to me about it, I will truly and honestly be fascinated by it.
Throughout the day, I find myself checking weather.com approximately 5-10 times in my 8 hour day. I love the satellite view as you can zoom in and out and see when a storm is directly over your house. It’s awesome. (It’s also awesome that “It’s awesome” is a complete sentence)
If a storm is coming in, I check WFAA.com and weather.com all the time; one might even say I’m obsessed.
However, I wouldn’t say that, I would just say that I like to stay informed.
I love thunderstorms, but they also scare me. I guess I just love things that scare me, because I love scary movies, they are my favorite. And one of my favorite TV shows is Supernatural, simply because it’s a short scary movie that I can watch every week, and it doesn’t hurt that the dudes on it are quite easy on the eyes if you know what I mean. (wink, wink)
2names said the other day she thought that I missed home, because I write a lot of stuff about C-Town. But I think its more I have some good memories from there, and they are funny to me, but I must admit one thing I miss about Nebraska…the snow storms. Or just real snow period.
But I do like that, since moving to Texass, not once have I walked outside in the winter and breathed in and immediately had the snot freeze in my nose. I don’t really miss that.
(Not that I usually count, but If I hadn’t added this part in parenthesis this little blog would’ve been exactly 400 words…now that’s scary)

No comments: