Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why I hate being broke...

This is going to be a list of all the things I can’t do because we don’t have any money.

1. First and foremost the worst part of being broke….I haven’t had my hairs on my head cut since December 20th 2008. I like to keep my hair short, prefer it to be short actually. And in the last month I have had no less than 10 people ask me if I am either A. trying to grow my hair out? Or B. if I’ve don’t something different with my hair? To which I answer A. Not on purpose and B. Ya it’s called nothing. (usually I fix my hair, but its at this crazy, strange inbetween stage that you can’t do anything with and it has too many split ends and uneven growth to even look good if I did attempt to ‘fix’ it.

2. Eat normal food. Our fridge and pantry are as barren as stretch of Nebraska highway at 3 a.m. (trust me, that’s pretty freakin barren) tonight’s menu includes Totino’s Pizza, last night was leftover slop nachos that Mr. Vasey put sweet gherkins in for seasoning to try to ‘spice it up’ a bit.

3. I am reduced to drinking coffee and water only. My body runs on a certain amount of caffeine and I maintain that balance by partaking in the drinking of no less than 2 Diet Mt. Dews in the afternoon, between lunch and when I end my day at my part-time job. I have on several occasions almost fallen asleep at the wheel, on death highway 75, traversing between my jobs.

4. I am out of eyeliner and am reduced to wearing mascara which I hate.

5. I am out of fingernail polish remover and therefore cannot wear open toed shoes because I haven’t been able to properly paint my tootsies.

6. I am dangerously close to being out of bubble bath, which means I may have to choose between food and soaking my day away in a tub full of bubbles.

7. I can’t buy tickets yet for the upcoming Blink 182 tour.

8. Filling up my gas tank becomes almost a strategy game. If I put just enough in it to get me by till such and such day, then I can buy some wine to drown my sorrows over the weekend.

9. And finally, there are just some days when you want a big greasy hamburger from Jack-in-the-Box. And driving by it everyday, smelling those oh so glorious smells just tearing at my stomach acid and making me want it even more, even when I know its bad for me, even when I know I shouldn’t, distance really does make the heart and taste buds grow stronger.

Interestingly enough, this is also a list of all the things I plan to do next week. After I get’s paid….money, money, money…

No comments: