Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Multi-tasking...driving and sleeping

I'm sure there are those that say, this can't be done. But unbeknownst to the naysayers I have devised a way to do just this very thing, sleep and drive.
Well what I really do is catch a tiny little cat nap on my 45 min commute to work. When my head starts bobbin and the Kia starts drifting into other lanes because of the head bobbin, I begin to embrace the opportunity to stop at a red light. I crack my window just a smidge, close my eyes and doze until the light turns green. How do I know when the light turns green? Since I was smart enough to crack my window I can hear the cars around me accelerating and so I too know it is time to go. I had to do this, this morning. I’m always on the look out for ways to do 2 things at once. Probably need to be real careful not to actually fall asleep, don’t want some pissed off Texas commuters on my arse. They can carry concealed weapons here…and they use them too.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

only you, only you nettie...