Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's really freaking hot, but that didn't stop us...

We got busy today.

This is our pathetic patio.
About 2 weeks ago we used to have a crappy plastic patio set, with an umbrella. It worked for us, until one night I left the umbrella up, and some mysterious wind came up and blew over our umbrella, slung it to the ground. The tragic fall busted it beyond repair, taking with it the cheap ass plastic table, which frankly was on its last leg anyway....

In Texas, Texans and Texas residents transplanted from Nebraska enjoy their patios. While our previous patio wasn't much to shake a stick at, it got us by. Then the wind came and just swept it away.

So we decided we needed to do something.

Ta Da....Our first major home improvement project.




Took us approximately 5 hours in 100 degree heat, to dig holes, put dirt down, level out the ground, and two trips to Lowe's later, we now have a comfortable place to relax, grill and entertain. And I'm not even kidding when I say I lost 5 lbs. today. I literally sweated my arse off. Don't worry, we had fajitas for dinner and I'm drinking a glass of wine now, it'll all be back tomorrow,

We'd like to do the other side, but I think I might need a month or so to recoup.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks great!! Can't wait to come over for fajitas. Hint hint.

Stephanie said...

holy moly! looks good. looks real good.