Friday, June 26, 2009

Shamona Hee Hee....

Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009
King Of Pop

Here is what I say we should do...

I say we talk about the man and what he did, his accomplishments, his gift.

He really was a genius. He revolutionized music. He was the ultimate performer. I can't imagine there being people out there that don't have a favorite Michael Jackson song. I in fact have a few. Billie Jean is probably on the top of the long list.

Instead, let's all do the Moon Walk once or twice in our living rooms, crank "Beat It" so loud the neighbors want to call the cops, but they don't because, really ... everyone 'hearts' MJ.

While the body is dead, he created a legacy and will live on through his music and his children.

Before you start blasting a guy post mortem, let us also remember he was a brother, a son, a father and a friend. At the very least his loved ones are due that respect.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yes, I agree with you. We need to respect the dead. And thus far, the media has done a fair job at it. He was weird. No question. But, who isn't. Though I wasn't a mega fan, I did admire his career. Where he started out from, and how worldly famous he became. Groundbreaking.