Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Paralysis

So I didn't mention this to a lot of people, becuase I figured everything would be fine. And it was.
My father had surgery on his neck last Friday. Right before he went on his camping trip to Canada he started losing the feeling in his right arm, and by the end of the trip he couldn't feel nor move his right arm. So he came home, saw the doctor and had surgery.
Now there are a couple of things about his that leave a person just shaking their head.
1. My father has actually been having problems for three years, he was going to have something done a long time ago, but for some odd reason he kept putting it off, until it got so bad that he may not have full use of his arm again.
Now you might feel sorry for him (or you may not) but also what I find interesting (interesting about my dad that is) is that this is the second time he has done this. He doesn't have full use of his foot becuase he let a pinched nerve go for too long and he walks with a limp. So why did he wait so long?
2. If he was feeling something going on before why did he not get to a doctor right away. Well I guess going fishing is more important than losing limbs...I know it is more important than his daughters wedding (oh but I digress, and my mom admitted that it was her fault anyway, but I'm still going to bring it up)
So this is just a reminder to me in my old age not to let things go I guess. Because I hate the doctor. No I serioulsy hate the doctor. I only go to my girly doctor, that's it. And doing that raises my blood pressure and anxiety so much that she thinks I'm on my death bed when I walk through her door.
Forgive me though I don't like getting my cooch looked at and my boobs rubbed by strange people, and I definitaly have huge issues peeing in a cup.
But evidently he is able to make a fist now, so he should get the use back.

No comments: