Monday, August 4, 2008

Going to the farm

I used to have a cat when I was a kid, her name was Cuddles. She was a calico cat and we all liked her. And she got along well with my dog Fluffy.
I think Cuddles liked me, even though I almost killed her once. She was one of those cats that were always under you feet, well I was messing around one day and she was following me around as usual, and the day ended with Cuddles being put on a weeks worth of bed rest.
How it all happened was fairly innocent, but I felt like the fattest person ever after it happened.
We had this railing on the back porch that protected people from falling down the basement stairs. The railing was made of wood and was pretty solid, and I leaned on it and brought my feet up off the floor talking to whoever it was that went downstairs to the basement. When I hopped down off the railing little Cuddles ran under my feet and I landed on her and crushed her.
Oh the agony she must’ve been in…Oh the little pussy, she lived, but like I said, we had to make her this makeshift bed thing that would keep her from moving around she broke like her pelvis and some ribs or something. Or rather I broke her pelvis and some ribs.
She went on to even have a litter of kitties. She was a tough little pussy.
However once she had the kitties, my mom decided to ship her and her kitties off to the farm. (Now we really did ship her off to the farm, since we did know people that had farms) But now that I think about it, maybe my mom did have them all killed, cuz she said that as soon as she dropped Cuddles off she just took off and ran away, and no one has seen her. Ya I bet no one has seen her….
Being a kind of rural farm type of family I am actually a bit surprised by how willing my mom has been to take our family pets to the vet.
First there was Cuddles, then a few years later on Christmas Eve, came Fluffy.
Fluffy was a wondering dog, we never put her on a leash. She came inside at night and slept under my bed. We just called her name and sooner or later she would come running.
She had tags but no one ever had to call us, as she always came home.
We, as in my whole family, were spending Christmas Eve as we normally spent all Christmas Eves. We were at my G-ma Wittes house. Shortly after we got there the phone rang, it was my other Grandparents, informing my Dad that Fluffy had been hit by a car.
I was pretty upset, crying hysterically, because Dorkus (my brother) was on his way back into town to pick up Fluffy and take him out to shoot her, put her out of her misery.
See this is what normally happens when an animal gets hurt. You put them out of their misery. You don’t take them to the vet. But for some strange reason, maybe it was my hysterics or maybe my Mom just got in the Christmas Spirit, she let us save Fluffy and take her to the vet. Thing is, I had to stop my brother from taking her out to shoot her.
My sister, Ang and I jumped in a car and took off to catch Dorkus, we found him on his way out with Fluffy by his side, he was crying. Fluffy was really his dog, that’s why he wanted to be the one to take care of her. We informed him that we could take her to the vet, we could save her.
So we took her to the vet and she just needed some stitches, I think she may have broken some bones, but again we made up our makeshift bed and kept Fluffy on bed rest for a few days then she was fine.
I don’t know if it was from the surgery or if she was always like this, but she had this way of wagging her tail that she kinda would get so excited that she’d bring her ass to one side, wagging her tail furiously like she couldn’t control it.
And again Mom struck.
When we were remodeling our house, Treebee and I had to stay out at G-Pa and G-Ma Wittes house. While there Mom took Fluffy to the Humane Society. (Pet Pound) She thought we wouldn’t notice since she claims she was the only one that took care of her. (Well of course she was, Treebee and I weren’t even there) So she dropped her off, without asking us, or furthermore without even telling us she did.
We came by one weekend and asked “Hey Mom, where’s Fluffy”Let me tell ya took her a long time to answer that one. (I’m still pretty bitter about it)
Guess she didn’t want Fluffy messing up her new carpets….Ya, I know….

No comments: