Monday, March 10, 2008

News Hound

I'm a bit of a news freak, love to read the news. I have 4 websites I check regularly throughout the day to see if anything new happened since the last time I checked in.
I think my boredom at work also attributes to this. But lately I've been a bit disappointed with the news. It seems like every time I go and check it, its all the same stories. Seems like the exact same headlines.
So I think that I may have a problem. Either its been a slow news day for the past couple of weeks, or I've read so much about politics, death, destruction, crazies doing stupid things that its like its all the same to me now. Which means I have become hardened.
Well there are some that think I'm hardened anyway, becuase I was raised that way, evidently my mother has no soul and passed that on to us kids.
But on the other hand maybe the media has been zoning in on certain stories that have the same theme to them because people are interested in them. I mean I don't want to be one of those people that claim that the media has a way about them, where they attempt to skew the view of regular people, but maybe they are, and maybe I am just keen to it becuase I am smarter than the average person.
Although I did like the story about the couple who got married in the Waffle House parking lot, that was fairly original.

No comments: