Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sometimes you just know

Well my sister is in love. She met a guy, about a month ago, and she has already determined that he's the one.
Now many people might think that is ridiculous, immature, naive the list goes on. I on the other hand, I think only she would know. 
She has had her share of relationships and history sometimes leads a person to think a certain way. I could say "Oh ya I've heard this all before, yadda, yadda, yadda. You fell in love...again." But this time I actually think there is something there. While she is taking a chance, going out on a limb a little bit, I do see a change in her. She actually does seem genuinely happy and I honestly think, this guy, while he may have some personal family issues he's dealing with, and has some unresolved issues he's getting taken care of(but then who doesn't) I think he seems to committed to her, he seems to have his head 1/2 way on straight (at least more than some of the other guys she's dated) 
Evidently they knew eachother for about a week before they were pretty much shacking up. I laughed, and then thought about it. Hmmmmm I can remember when I was in the same position. I must say us Phillips' we don't waste no time when we find what we want. Let me just give ya the run down:
Dork (aka My brother) he started talking to a girl in October, she met the parents that November, and by February she had a diamond on her finger. They were married the following Oct, and were pregnant within a few months. Talk about making some life changes in a year. 
Trin: She met a guy while in college, they had a distance relationship for a while, then after about 6 months she moved to the same town as he, within about 2 months she was prego and married about a year later.
Me: I met my husband at Wal-Mart on a Friday, by Saturday we decided to boyfriend and girlfriend, and frankly were practically living together within about 2 weeks.
My parents: Met one night at a football game, and within a month were engaged and I believe they were married about 9 months later then Ang came along 9 months after that. I'm pretty sure my Dad jumped the gun on the proposal though cuz my Mom wouldn't give it up till they were married.
Us Phillips' I tell ya. When we see something we like, we take it and don't let go.

No comments: