Friday, July 10, 2009

This is a little late, but still worth mentioning...

So Spanks McDudals came for a visit over the Fourth.

She brought her lil buddy with her.

This is Jackson, or Jack for short. I like to take pictures of sleeping doggies.

She apparently had quite the trip. On her way up, whilst jammin to some MJ, you know ... windows down, music up, that's the way she likes to ... drive.

Well anyway, while driving with said windows down, and the MJ up, she came upon a cattle truck. You know a semi filled with cattle, with the holes on the side ... well call it perfect timing or right place, wrong time. She got a little manure slung on her.

To know Spanky is to know that these sort of happenings are sort of par for the course for her. Whether she is putting her shirt on inside out, sitting on a pen and getting an ink spot on her arse or driving by a manure truck and coming away with a bit of pre fertilizer on herself...


We went to a fireworks show.


I learned that it is very hard to take pictures of fireworks.


I also got to see my very first professional baseball game. And I must say I was entertained. I think we had more fun annoying the people who were not as fortunate to be seated by us, but I do believe we won, and we also got to see Texas Stadium from afar.

That thing is a beast.




We had a large group, we pretty much took up the whole row. Which is nice, you don't feel so bad walking over people you know to relieve yourself or go get more food.


They also had a fireworks show after the game. We watched it from the parking lot. We should've left. Note to anyone going out that direction to see a game or a concert...traffic is a bitch.


The next day started off with us just laying around the house. Mostly just Spanky and the boys. (Scuse Steamers balls, he's not very shy)


We did make it down to Oaklawn that day.


And the highlight of the trip seemed to be finding this grab machine thingy. Both Spanky and Mr. Vasey made away with prizes.


I mostly just sat back and watched.

What can I say, we had a pretty good time.
Too bad her trip home wasn't quite as great.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

would you like to add something to my really great track record of awesome shit happening to me?
here ya go: my front left tire just fell off my car while i was leaving my office's parking lot.
sweet huh?