Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is it about Christmas?

I want to know what it is about this time of year that makes people have a massive sweet tooth?
Yesterday at 8 a.m. Queen Bittie comes to my office and informs me that one of the suppliers has brought us bagels.
Then a little later she comes and tells me that there is candy on the table in the mailroom.
Yesterday at 4:32 p.m. the email went out to everyone on our department...
"There are brownies in the Mailroom."
Missed that one by 32 mins. I leave at 4 p.m. and I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure that there are no more brownies left.
Then at 7:45 a.m. this morning....
"Everyone go and get one of the danishes that Steve brought. They are in the Mailroom"
Next week is "Goodie Week." It is what it sounds like. Everyone brings a desert or snack type thing for the department and we will all graze on the stuff till Christmas. Or it goes bad, whichever comes first.
Not only do we have Goodie Week, one day during Goodie Week, we also have a "Feast Day" where we do a covered dish type lunch for everyone.
So next week I have to bring 2 things into work.
If someone takes our office hostage, or there is some sort of disaster evacuation, you'll find me in the mailroom.
Seriously if I can make it out of this office without gaining weight in the next 2 weeks it really will be a Christmas Miracle.
Scuse me while I go and get some chocolate and a danish for breakfast....
What I didn't have my coffee this morning, chocolate has caffine right?

No comments: