Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Stories

So Monday was my first day back at work, after only working 1 day between Dec. 23 and Jan. 5.
So naturally, I was blessed with not seeing people for a long time. Well then Monday rolls around, and I'm sad to be in my cubical and not lounging on my couch in my comfy pants, trying to decide what bowl game I want to watch.
Typically if I stay in my cube, headphones on, I can make it all day without saying much more than "Hello" a few times during the day. Well things were going pretty good, till about 2 p.m. when Bittie decides to rear her big ol head into my cube opening and say "Hello" I exchange the same pleasantry back and turn my head back to my computer screen, seemingly absorbed in my work and my music.
But evidently that wasn't enough for her. She started to tell me how she had the greatest time this holiday season and she didn't even spend any time with her family. Great that's awesome, I replied. She asked me about my holiday and I told her it was nice and relaxing. Hoping she'd be on her merry way, but not so much.
She plopped herself down in my chair, I knew then I was doomed, and she started to explain in great detail about what she did during her whole break. (I'm thinking "seriously, don't you have work to do?")
And she keeps rambling on about eating Chinese food, and playing some card game till 4 a.m. and then getting together to play the card game again a few days later becuase it was so much fun the first time. Too bad telling me that wasn't as much fun the first time I heard it too. (Side note, it wasn't very fun to hear about)
So she carried on for a good 30 mins about her activities, and then another 10-15 mins about how she needs another house that she can have that is clean becuase her current house is cluttered with Christmas and her hobbies. She also tells me about her hobby of decorating tiles. What people do with these tiles I have no idea...
Man why do I get stuck with these stories. Nobody else does this to me. If I cared, I'd ask, I don't need the play by play. Maybe I just hate people...or most people. Or maybe just Bittie...ahhhhh but hate is such a nasty word, I don't hate her, just annoyed by her and people, maybe I should just live in a world of my own.
Well I might just get crazy enough, in my mind I will.

UPDATE: Ok...Its 1:33 p.m. on FRIDAY. And I can hear her telling the same story to one of my cubby buddies. He seems to be just as amused as I was. Its been 4 days and she is still talking about that damn card game. Must've been a fun game. Gonna have to find out the rules of this game, maybe me and the Ol Hubby can play, spice up our home life a little bit.

No comments: